- Is there a difference in price between a 20' container & a 40' container ?
No, we pay via axle, not length, & both are 5 axles
inclusive of the tractor.
- Is there a difference in price between dropping a container or
doing a live load/unload ?
Yes, depending on the mileage, there may be a drop &
pick fee. In the event of a live load/unload, you will get two (2)
free hours & then a charge per hour after that, usually $60 per hour.
Do you want to include the price ?
- Is there a chassis usage fee ?
Normally, the answer is no. However, some steamship lines have to charge a chassis usage fee. In those cases we are forced to pass that fee onto the customers.
- Do drivers unload the containers ?
No, you have to supply your own labor to load/unload
- Do you submit vehicle titles to U.S. customs ?
No, there's too many things that can go wrong so we
suggest you do it yourself.
- Do you lay out money for demurrage, customs exams, loading charges, etc. ?
We will on rare occurrences but we'd rather not unless
we're being paid back when delivering the container.